翻譯練習 日翻英 黑舞二日文同人 「君を迎えに」by琴子 第1日

Chapter 2



  It had been twenty years since their fight with Sebastian Michales. Alan walked along streets in human world at night. No one monitored him; Alan took a deep breath and inhaled the air of freedom. Alan’s destination was a bar. He went into the dim shop and sat down on the counter.

  As soon as Alan went in, a bartender walked to him from the L-shaped counter and said,“Welcome.”

  “May I take your order?”

  Alan was unable to utter a word. Without mistake, that was “Eric Slingby”. He was young. His hair wasn’t braided in cornrows, which were Eric’s trademark. His eyes were deep green. Alan felt it went back to the time when Eric was still with him.

  Alan peered at that face and found that “Eric” looked as young as sprout.

  “Sir? Is there’s something on my face? ”

  “Well, no, sorry, Eric. Nothing.”

  “How did you know my name? ” Eric was surprised.

  “I’ve ever been here for one time. That’s why I knew your name ”

  “ I think I won’t forget guests who look so handsome. Could you tell me your name?”

  “Alan.”

  “Alan-san, may I take your order now?”

  “Call me Alan.”

  Eric took Alan’s order. Eric was making cocktail. Alan gazed at him. He didn’t put on glasses and gloves. No one except Alan had ever seen Eric’s such appearance. Eric looked like this when sleeping. Alan’s heart ached.

  “Please.”

  “Tha-thank you.”Alan answered in a hurry. He was still indulging in memories. Eric looked exactly like a  bartender now.

  “Alan, if you have any problem and want to talk with someone, you can just come here.”

I have to hide what happened to him in the past.

With this thought in mind, Alan’s face became moderate. Covering his mouth with two hands, he took a deep breath in order to relax.

  “Will you listen to me attentively?”

  “Sure. I’m professional at that, too. You can say anything to me. I’ll keep it a secret.”

  Alan looked directly into Eric’s eyes and said,” You will be dead five days later.”

  When accepting the assignment, Alan already made up his mind. William assigned the case to him on purpose. The assignment wasn’t special. He was ready to accept William’s arrangement.

“If you don’t want to leave regret, please spend your last time doing something meaningful.”

Eric put his hands on the counter and leaned forward. After he heard what Alan said, his eyes went wide open. Eric frowned and he observed Alan carefully. 

He’s wearing a suit. He doesn’t look like a person having a skeptical profession.

“Are you kidding?”

“I’m not kidding. It’s a fact.”

  Eric stared at Alan’s face. He gently held Alan’s shoulders with two arms just like what past Eric did.

“Please give me a break. It’s difficult to be so serious while joking. Even though it’s not a joke, I hate fortune-telling. Nevertheless, I don’t hate you, Alan.”

He won’t believe me immediately. 

Alan took a sip of cocktail.

“It’s tasty. You take part in service industry. Lip service is a must, right?”

“Yes…my boss often gets mad at me.” Eric scratched his own head.

“Ok, I state it in another way. If you can live for only five days, what do you want to do?”

“If? I want to visit friends living far away.”

“Do what you want to do. Just pretend to be cheated by me once.”

“Don’t talk nonsense. My salary will be cut.”

Alan intended to leave and he drank cocktail up in a gulp.

“You have low tolerance to alcohol. You’d better not drink in that way. ”

Past Eric also said that. Alan was startled and raised his voice. 

“How did you know?”

“Just a sip made you flush.”

“I’m amazed.”

“I’ve told you I’m professional. Do you want another one?”

“No, I’ll come over again tomorrow. Don’t forget me.”

“If I don’t want forget, I won’t forget.”

With a smile on his face, Eric watched Alan leave.

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

GL小說短篇 Captive-結 (18禁,過激H,慎入)